When my horse is running good, I don’t stop to give him sugar.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Facts and truth really don’t have much to do with each other.
- The artist doesn’t have time to listen to the critics. The ones who want to be writers read the reviews, the ones who want to write don’t have the time to read reviews.
- The writer’s only responsibility is to his art. He will be completely ruthless if he is a good one. He has a dream. Everything goes by the board: honor, pride, decency, security, happiness, all, to get the book written. If a writer has to rob his mother, he will not hesitate; the Ode on a Grecian Urn is worth any number of old ladies.
- Read, read, read. Read everything– trash, classics, good and bad, and see how they do it. Just like a carpenter who works as an apprentice and studies the master. Read! You’ll absorb it. Then write. If it is good, you’ll find out. If it’s not, throw it out the window.
- My own experience has been that the tools I need for my trade are paper, tobacco, food, and a little whisky.
- If a writer has to rob his mother, he will not hesitate; the Ode on a Grecian Urn is worth any number of old ladies.