Wicked people are always surprised to find ability in those that are good.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Men sometimes feel injured by praise because it assigns a limit to their merit; few people are modest enough not to take offense that one appreciates them.
- You must rouse into people’s consciousness their own prudence and strength, if you want to raise their character.
- Lazy people are always anxious to be doing something.
- If people did not compliment one another there would be little society.
- Most people grow old within a small circle of ideas, which they have not discovered for themselves. There are perhaps less wrong-minded people than thoughtless.
- Of all pleasures the fruit of labor is the sweetest.