Absence — that common cure of love.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- ‘Tis said of love that it sometimes goes, sometimes flies; runs with one, walks gravely with another; turns a third into ice, and sets a fourth in a flame: it wounds one, another it kills: like lightning it begins and ends in the same moment: it makes that fort yield at night which it besieged but in the morning; for there is no force able to resist it.
- Love and war are the same thing, and stratagems and policy are as allowable in the one as in the other.
- The eyes those silent tongues of love.
- The brave man carves out his fortune, and every man is the son of his own works.
- Every man is the son of his own works.
- Time ripens all things; no man is born wise.