Our hours in love have wings; in absence, crutches.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Tea! Thou soft, thou sober, sage, and venerable liquid, thou innocent pretence for bringing the wicked of both sexes together in a morning; thou female tongue-running, smile-smoothing, heart-opening, wink-tipping cordial, to whose glorious insipidity I owe the happiest moment of my life, let me fall prostrate thus, and adore thee.
- You know, one had as good be out of the world, as out of the fashion.
- Prithee don’t screw your wit beyond the compass of good manners.
- Thou strange piece of wild nature!
- The longest absence is less perilous to love than the terrible trials of incessant proximity.
- Absence and a friendly neighbor washes away love.