Complete abstinence is easier than perfect moderation.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- To many, total abstinence is easier than perfect moderation.
- This is the very perfection of a man, to find out his own imperfections.
- The people who remained victorious were less like conquerors than conquered.
- Seek not to understand that you may believe, but believe that you may understand.
- A thing is not necessarily true because badly uttered, nor false because spoken magnificently.
- Temperance is love surrendering itself wholly to Him who is its object; courage is love bearing all things gladly for the sake of Him who is its object; justice is love serving only Him who is its object, and therefore rightly ruling; prudence is love making wise distinction between what hinders and what helps itself.