The best thing to do with the best things in life is to give them up.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Tradition! We scarcely know the word anymore. We are afraid to be either proud of our ancestors or ashamed of them. We scorn nobility in name and in fact. We cling to a bourgeois mediocrity which would make it appear we are all Americans, made in the image and likeness of George Washington.
- With renunciation life begins.
- Self-denial is the shining sore on the leprous body of Christianity.
- The only way for a rich man to be healthy is by exercise and abstinence, to live as if he were poor.
- Always rise from the table with an appetite, and you will never sit down without one.
- Abstaining is favorable both to the head and the pocket.