At any street corner the feeling of absurdity can strike any man in the face.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- More and more, when faced with the world of men, the only reaction is one of individualism. Man alone is an end unto himself. Everything one tries to do for the common good ends in failure.
- When you have once seen the glow of happiness on the face of a beloved person, you know that a man can have no vocation but to awaken that light on the faces surrounding him; and you are torn by the thought of the unhappiness and night you cast, by the mere fact of living, in the hearts you encounter.
- Alas after a certain age, every man is responsible for his own face.
- The world in which we were called to exist was an absurd world, and there was no other in which we could take refuge.
- Culture: the cry of men in face of their destiny.
- Truly fertile Music, the only kind that will move us, that we shall truly appreciate, will be a Music conducive to Dream, which banishes all reason and analysis. One must not wish first to understand and then to feel. Art does not tolerate Reason.