The only cure for contempt is counter-contempt.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- The cure for the evils of democracy is more democracy.
- Giving every man a vote has no more made men wise and free than Christianity has made them good.
- The truth is that the average schoolmaster, on all the lower levels, is and always must be essentially and next door to an idiot, for how can one imagine an intelligent man engaging in so puerile an avocation?
- It is hard to believe that a man is telling the truth when you know that you would lie if you were in his place.
- No matter how long he lives, no man ever becomes as wise as the average woman of forty-eight.
- Temptation is a woman’s weapon and man’s excuse.