The only cure for contempt is counter-contempt.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- The cure for the evils of democracy is more democracy.
- I write in order to attain that feeling of tension relieved and function achieved which a cow enjoys on giving milk.
- No matter how long he lives, no man ever becomes as wise as the average woman of forty-eight.
- War will never cease until babies begin to come into the world with larger cerebrums and smaller adrenal glands.
- Giving every man a vote has no more made men wise and free than Christianity has made them good.
- I believe that it is better to tell the truth than a lie. I believe it is better to be free than to be a slave. And I believe it is better to know than to be ignorant.