It’s not a slam at you when people are rude — it’s a slam at the people they’ve met before.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- If things are natural, they’re easy. If they’re unnatural they’re difficult. I have never met a man who found it difficult to marry, but I have never found a man who found it easy to divorce either.
- People who treat other people as less than human must not be surprised when the bread they have cast on the waters comes floating back to them, poisoned.
- The foundation stone of the whole scheme is service. Service to the people, a service that will lighten, brighten, and make more profitable the lives of the majority who do the necessary work of the world.
- I have often told you that I am that little fish who swims about under a shark and, I believe, lives indelicately on its offal. Anyway, that is the way I am. Life moves over me in a vast black shadow and I swallow whatever it drops with relish, having learned in a very hard school that one cannot be both a parasite and enjoy self-nourishment without moving in worlds too fantastic for even my disordered imagination to people with meaning.
- Working together, ordinary people can perform extraordinary feats. They can push things that come into their hands a little higher up, a little further on towards the heights of excellence.
- What people call insincerity is simply a method by which we can multiply our personalities.