It’s not a slam at you when people are rude — it’s a slam at the people they’ve met before.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- If things are natural, they’re easy. If they’re unnatural they’re difficult. I have never met a man who found it difficult to marry, but I have never found a man who found it easy to divorce either.
- People who treat other people as less than human must not be surprised when the bread they have cast on the waters comes floating back to them, poisoned.
- Working together, ordinary people can perform extraordinary feats. They can push things that come into their hands a little higher up, a little further on towards the heights of excellence.
- The foundation stone of the whole scheme is service. Service to the people, a service that will lighten, brighten, and make more profitable the lives of the majority who do the necessary work of the world.
- Writers aren’t people exactly. Or, if they’re any good, they’re a whole lot of people trying so hard to be one person. It’s like actors, who try so pathetically not to look in mirrors. Who lean back ward trying — only to see their faces in the reflecting chandeliers.
- A fellow can’t keep people from having a bad opinion of him, but he can keep them from being right about it.