One must not attempt to justify them, but rather to sense their nature simply and clearly.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Science is the attempt to make the chaotic diversity of our sense experience correspond to a logically uniform system of thought.
- An attempt at visualizing the Fourth Dimension: Take a point, stretch it into a line, curl it into a circle, twist it into a sphere, and punch through the sphere.
- To put it boldly, it is the attempt at a posterior reconstruction of existence by the process of conceptualization.
- The attempt to combine wisdom and power has only rarely been successful and then only for a short while.
- We have penetrated far less deeply into the regularities obtaining within the realm of living things, but deeply enough nevertheless to sense at least the rule of fixed necessity… what is still lacking here is a grasp of the connections of profound generality, but not a knowledge of order itself.
- Considered logically this concept is not identical with the totality of sense impressions referred to; but it is an arbitrary creation of the human (or animal) mind.