We live in deeds, not years: In thoughts not breaths; In feelings, not in figures on a dial. We should count time by heart throbs. He most lives Who thinks most, feels the noblest, acts the best.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- All that Swinging Sixties nonsense, we all thought it was pass? at the time.
- It takes a lot of imagination to be a good photographer. You need less imagination to be a painter, because you can invent things. But in photography everything is so ordinary; it takes a lot of looking before you learn to see the ordinary.
- I never cared for fashion much, amusing little seams and witty little pleats: it was the girls I liked.
- When science, art, literature, and philosophy are simply the manifestation of personality they are on a level where glorious and dazzling achievements are possible, which can make a man’s name live for thousands of years. But above this level, far above,
- The fellow who does things that count, doesn’t usually stop to count them.
- No great deed is done by falterers who ask for certainty.