Not the maker of plans and promises, but rather the one who offers faithful service in small matters. This is the person who is most likely to achieve what is good and lasting.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- For a man to achieve all that is demanded of him he must regard himself as greater than he is.
- If a good person does you wrong, act as though you had not noticed it. They will make note of this and not remain in your debt long.
- We can offer up much in the large, but to make sacrifices in little things is what we are seldom equal to.
- Girls we love for what they are; men for what they promise to be.
- Until one is committed, there is hesitancy, the chance to draw back, always ineffectiveness. Concerning all acts of initiative and creation, there is one elementary truth the ignorance of which kills countless ideas and splendid plans: that the moment one definitely commits oneself, then providence moves too. All sorts of things occur to help one that would never otherwise have occurred. A whole stream of events issues from the decision, raising in one’s favor all manner of unforeseen incidents, meetings and material assistance which no man could have dreamed would have come his way. Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now.
- Dream no small dreams for they have no power to move the hearts of men.