Nothing will ever be attempted if all possible objections must first be overcome.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Life affords no higher pleasure than that of surmounting difficulties, passing from one step of success to another, forming new wishes and seeing them gratified.
- While grief is fresh, every attempt to divert only irritates. You must wait till grief be digested, and then amusement will dissipate the remains of it.
- Where grief is fresh, any attempt to divert it only irritates.
- A man may fulfill the object of his existence by asking a question he cannot answer, and attempting a task he cannot achieve.
- It is wonderful when a calculation is made, how little the mind is actually employed in the discharge of any profession.
- The greatest part of a writer’s time is spent in reading, in order to write; a man will turn over half a library to make one book.