Nothing will ever be attempted if all possible objections must first be overcome.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Life affords no higher pleasure than that of surmounting difficulties, passing from one step of success to another, forming new wishes and seeing them gratified.
- While grief is fresh, every attempt to divert only irritates. You must wait till grief be digested, and then amusement will dissipate the remains of it.
- Where grief is fresh, any attempt to divert it only irritates.
- A man may fulfill the object of his existence by asking a question he cannot answer, and attempting a task he cannot achieve.
- I know not, Madam, that you have a right, upon moral principles, to make your readers suffer so much.
- So different are the colors of life, as we look forward to the future, or backward to the past; and so different the opinions and sentiments which this contrariety of appearance naturally produces, that the conversation of the old and young ends generally with contempt or pity on either side.