We need two kinds of acquaintances, one to complain to, while to the others we boast.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- The mere process of growing old together will make the slightest acquaintance seem a bosom friend.
- Don’t laugh at youth for his affectations; he is only trying on one face after another to find his own.
- Don’t let young people tell you their aspirations; when they drop them they will drop you.
- The denunciation of the young is a necessary part of the hygiene of older people, and greatly assists the circulation of their blood.
- Whiskey has killed more men than bullets, but most men would rather be full of whiskey than bullets. What I like in a good author is not what he says, but what he whispers.
- What I like in a good author isn’t what he says, but what he whispers.