I really think that effective acting has to do literally with the movement of molecules.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- We must overact our part in some measure, in order to produce any effect at all.
- The mere mechanical technique of acting can be taught, but the spirit that is to give life to lifeless forms must be born in a man. No dramatic college can teach its pupils to think or to feel. It is Nature who makes our artists for us, though it may be Art who taught them their right mode of expression.
- I love acting. It is so much more real than life.
- I’m disappointed in acting as a craft. I want everything to go back to Orson Welles and fake noses and changing your voice. It’s become so much about personality.
- Why, except as a means of livelihood, a man should desire to act on the stage when he has the whole world to act in, is not clear to me.
- I was planning to go into architecture. But when I arrived, architecture was filled up. Acting was right next to it, so I signed up for acting instead. [On his college registration experience]