The great actors are the luminous ones. They are the great conductors of the stage.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- A true priest is aware of the presence of the altar during every moment that he is conducting a service. It is exactly the same way that a true artist should react to the stage all the time he is in the theater. An actor who is incapable of this feeling will never be a true artist.
- Actors ought to be larger than life. You come across quite enough ordinary, nondescript people in daily life and I don’t see why you should be subjected to them on the stage too.
- I have often seen an actor laugh off the stage, but I don’t remember ever having seen one weep.
- Show me a great actor and I’ll show you a lousy husband. Show me a great actress, and you’ve seen the devil.
- The basic essential of a great actor is that he loves himself in acting.
- The mug is a tool. My ace in the hole. To have looks is the bonus on top of what motivates me to be an actor. Not to realize they’re an asset would be counterproductive to the cause; they serve the common good.