The best actors do not let the wheels show.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- They are, as it were, train-bearers in the pageant of life, and hold a glass up to humanity, frailer than itself. We see ourselves at second-hand in them: they show us all that we are, all that we wish to be, and all that we dread to be. What brings the resemblance nearer is, that, as they imitate us, we, in our turn, imitate them. There is no class of society whom so many persons regard with affection as actors.
- Show me a great actor and I’ll show you a lousy husband. Show me a great actress, and you’ve seen the devil.
- I just stopped playing bitches on wheels and peoples’ mothers. I have only a few more years to kick up my heels!
- The mug is a tool. My ace in the hole. To have looks is the bonus on top of what motivates me to be an actor. Not to realize they’re an asset would be counterproductive to the cause; they serve the common good.
- Actors are one family over the entire world.
- If I wasn’t an actor, I’d be a secret agent.