People say I’m cocky, but am I supposed to sit here and be insecure and not know where my future’s going or not realize that moviemaking is the greatest thing to happen to me?
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Insecurity, commonly regarded as a weakness in normal people, is the basic tool of the actor’s trade.
- A man who strains himself on the stage is bound, if he is any good, to strain all the people sitting in the stalls.
- I’m an assistant storyteller. It’s like being a waiter or a gas-station attendant, but I’m waiting on six million people a week, if I’m lucky. [On being an actor]
- I’d prefer not to be the pretty thing in a film. It’s such a bloody responsibility to look cute, because people know when you don’t and they’re like, They’re trying to pass her off as the cute girl and she’s looking like a bedraggled sack of potatoes.
- There were many times my pants were so thin I could sit on a dime and tell if it was heads or tails.
- I was sitting in the looping studio late one night, and I had this epiphany that they weren’t paying me for my acting, for God’s sake, but to own me. And from then on, it became clear and an awful lot easier to deal with.