An actor who knows his business ought to be able to make the London telephone directory sound enthralling.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Actors ought to be larger than life. You come across quite enough ordinary, nondescript people in daily life and I don’t see why you should be subjected to them on the stage too.
- An agent is a person who is sore because an actor gets 90% of what they make.
- Acting is not about dressing up. Acting is about stripping bare. The whole essence of learning lines is to forget them so you can make them sound like you thought of them that instant.
- The hardest part has been maintaining a small head — remaining down to earth. So many people try to make you more than you are. This business has changed a lot of good people and a lot of good families, and I don’t want that to happen to me.
- Every actor in his heart believes everything bad that’s printed about him.
- While we look to the dramatist to give romance to realism, we ask of the actor to give realism to romance.