Every actor in his heart believes everything bad that’s printed about him.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- I hate it when people pray on the screen. It’s not because I hate praying, but whenever I see an actor fold his hands and look up in the spotlight, I’m lost. There’s only one other thing in the movies I hate as much, and that’s sex. You just can’t get in bed or pray to God and convince me on the screen.
- If there hadn’t been women we’d still be squatting in a cave eating raw meat, because we made civilization in order to impress our girl friends. And they tolerated it and let us go ahead and play with our toys.
- I want to give the audience a hint of a scene. No more than that. Give them too much and they won’t contribute anything themselves. Give them just a suggestion and you get them working with you. That’s what gives the theater meaning: when it becomes a social act.
- I hate television. I hate it as much as peanuts. But I can’t stop eating peanuts.
- Now we sit through Shakespeare in order to recognize the quotations.
- A film is never really any good unless the camera is an eye in the head of a poet.