I love acting. It is so much more real than life.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- The mere mechanical technique of acting can be taught, but the spirit that is to give life to lifeless forms must be born in a man. No dramatic college can teach its pupils to think or to feel. It is Nature who makes our artists for us, though it may be Art who taught them their right mode of expression.
- Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
- While we look to the dramatist to give romance to realism, we ask of the actor to give realism to romance.
- There is only one real tragedy in a woman’s life. The fact that her past is always her lover, and her future invariably her husband.
- It often happens that the real tragedies of life occur in such an inartistic manner that they hurt us by their crude violence, their absolute incoherence, their absurd want of meaning, their entire lack of style.
- One’s real life is so often the life that one does not lead.