Thou wilt find rest from vain fancies if thou doest every act in life as though it were thy last.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- And thou wilt give thyself relief, if thou doest every act of thy life as if it were the last.
- Do every act of your life as if it were your last.
- Dig within. Within is the wellspring of Good; and it is always ready to bubble up, if you just dig.
- Nothing has such power to broaden the mind as the ability to investigate systematically and truly all that comes under thy observation in life.
- Always observe how ephemeral and worthless human things are. Pass then through this little space of time conformably to nature, and end thy journey in content, just as an olive falls off when it is ripe, blessing nature who produced it, and thanking the tree on which it grew.
- I have often wondered how it is everyone loves himself more than the rest of men, but yet sets less value on his own opinions of himself than the opinions of others.