It’s motive alone which gives character to the actions of men.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- It is fortunate to be of high birth, but it is no less so to be of such character that people do not care to know whether you are or are not.
- Outward simplicity befits ordinary men, like a garment made to measure for them; but it serves as an adornment to those who have filled their lives with great deeds: they might be compared to some beauty carelessly dressed and thereby all the more attractive.
- Nothing more clearly shows how little God esteems his gift to men of wealth, money, position and other worldly goods, than the way he distributes these, and the sort of men who are most amply provided with them.
- Lofty posts make great men greater still, and small men much smaller.
- As long as men are liable to die and are desirous to live, a physician will be made fun of, but he will be well paid.
- Everything has been said, and we have come too late, now that men have been living and thinking for seven thousand years and more.