A good action is never lost; it is a treasure laid up and guarded for the doer’s need.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- What is life? A frenzy. What is life? An illusion, a shadow, a fiction. And the greatest good is trivial; for all life is a dream and all dreams are dreams.
- One may know how to gain a victory, and know not how to use it.
- What law, what reason can deny that gift so sweet, so natural that God has given a stream, a fish, a beast, a bird?
- These flowers, which were splendid and sprightly, waking in the dawn of the morning, in the evening will be a pitiful frivolity, sleeping in the cold night’s arms.
- Let your actions always speak for you, but be forever on guard against the terrible traps of false pride and conceit that can halt your progress. The next time you are tempted to boast, just place your fist in a full pail of water, and when you remove it, the hole remaining will give you a correct measure of your importance.
- It is the mark of a good action that it appears inevitable in retrospect.