Good actions ennoble us, and we are the sons of our own deeds.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- The brave man carves out his fortune, and every man is the son of his own works.
- Every man is the son of his own works.
- For historians ought to be precise, truthful, and quite unprejudiced, and neither interest nor fear, hatred nor affection, should cause them to swerve from the path of truth, whose mother is history, the rival of time, the depository of great actions, the witness of what is past, the example and instruction of the present, the monitor of the future.
- To withdraw is not to run away, and to stay is no wise action, when there’s more reason to fear than to hope.
- One of the most considerable advantages the great have over their inferiors is to have servants as good as themselves.
- Good painters imitate nature, bad ones spew it up.