Every action of our lives touches on some chord that will vibrate in eternity.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Whatever touches the nerves of motive, whatever shifts man’s moral position, is mightier than steam, or calorie, or lightening.
- Objects close to the eye shut out much larger objects on the horizon; and splendors born only of the earth eclipse the stars. So it is with people who sometimes cover up the entire disc of eternity with a dollar, and so quench transcendent glories with a little shining dust.
- Skepticism has never founded empires, established principals, or changed the world’s heart. The great doers in history have always been people of faith.
- No more duty can be urged upon those who are entering the great theater of life than simple loyalty to their best convictions.
- Profaneness is a brutal vice. He who indulges in it is no gentleman.
- Poetry is the utterance of deep and heart-felt truth — the true poet is very near the oracle.