Human beings must have action; and they will make it if they cannot find it.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- ‘Tis God gives skill, but not without men’s hand: He could not make Antonio Stradivarius’s violins without Antonio.
- It will never rain roses: when we want to have more roses we must plant more trees.
- The sons of Judah have to choose that God may again choose them. The divine principle of our race is action, choice, resolved memory.
- We must find our duties in what comes to us, not in what might have been.
- There is nothing that will kill a man so soon as having nobody to find fault with but himself.
- If we had a keen vision and feeling of all ordinary human life, it would be like hearing the grass grow and the squirrel’s heart beat, and we should die of that roar which lies on the other side of silence. As it is, the best of us walk about well wadded with stupidity.