Deliberation is the work of many men. Action, of one alone.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Every man of action has a strong dose of egoism, pride, hardness, and cunning. But all those things will be regarded as high qualities if he can make them the means to achieve great ends.
- Faced with crisis, the man of character falls back on himself. He imposes his own stamp of action, takes responsibility for it, makes it his own.
- In the tumult of men and events, solitude was my temptation; now it is my friend. What other satisfaction can be sought once you have confronted History?
- The graveyards are full of indispensable men.
- Nothing great will ever be achieved without great men, and men are great only if they are determined to be so.
- The sword is the axis of the world, and grandeur is indivisible.