Never confuse motion with action.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- There is nothing to writing. All you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed.
- The most essential gift for a good writer is a built-in, shock-proof, shit detector. This is the writer’s radar and all great writers have had it.
- The writer must write what he has to say, not speak it.
- We are all apprentices in a craft where no one ever becomes a master.
- Prose is architecture, not interior decoration, and the Baroque is over.
- They can’t yank a novelist like they can a pitcher. A novelist has to go the full nine, even if it kills him.