Initiative is doing the right thing without being told.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Our acts make or mar us, we are the children of our own deeds.
- Most commonly revolt is born of material circumstances; but insurrection is always a moral phenomenon. Revolt is Masaniello, who led the Neapolitan insurgents in 1647; but insurrection is Spartacus. Insurrection is a thing of the spirit, revolt is a thing of the stomach.
- There is one thing stronger than all the armies in the world, and that is an idea whose time has come.
- People do not lack strength; they lack will.
- Short as life is, we make it still shorter by the careless waste of time.
- He who every morning plans the transaction of the day and follows out the plan, carries a thread that will guide him through the labyrinth of the most busy life.