Keep on going and the chances are you will stumble on something, perhaps when you are least expecting it. I have never heard of anyone stumbling on something sitting down.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- You will never stub your toe standing still. The faster you go, the more chance there is of stubbing your toe, but the more chance you have of getting somewhere.
- In America we can say what we think, and even if we can’t think, we can say it anyhow.
- Our imagination is the only limit to what we can hope to have in the future.
- Problems are the price of progress. Don’t bring me anything but trouble. Good news weakens me.
- There is a great difference between knowing and understanding: you can know a lot about something and not really understand it.
- An inventor is simply a person who doesn’t take his education too seriously. You see, from the time a person is six years old until he graduates form college he has to take three or four examinations a year. If he flunks once, he is out. But an inventor is almost always failing. He tries and fails maybe a thousand times. It he succeeds once then he’s in. These two things are diametrically opposite. We often say that the biggest job we have is to teach a newly hired employee how to fail intelligently. We have to train him to experiment over and over and to keep on trying and failing until he learns what will work.