Build today, then strong and sure, With a firm and ample base; And ascending and secure. Shall tomorrow find its place.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Not enjoyment, and not sorrow is our destined way, but to act that each tomorrow may find us further than today.
- Each morning sees some task begun, each evening sees it close; Something attempted, something done, has earned a night’s repose.
- The greatest firmness is the greatest mercy.
- Oh, fear not in a world like this, and thou shalt know erelong, know how sublime a thing it is to suffer and be strong.
- Know how sublime a thing it is to suffer and be strong.
- Ah, to build, to build! That is the noblest art of all the arts. Painting and sculpture are but images, are merely shadows cast by outward things on stone or canvas, having in themselves no separate existence. Architecture, existing in itself, and not in seeming a something it is not, surpasses them as substance shadow.