Let no one be deluded that a knowledge of the path can substitute for putting one foot in front of the other.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- It helps, I think, to consider ourselves on a very long journey: the main thing is to keep to the faith, to endure, to help each other when we stumble or tire, to weep and press on.
- It is part of our pedagogy to teach the operations of thinking, feeling, and willing so that they may be made conscious. For if we do not know the difference between an emotion and a thought, we will know very little. We need to understand the components (of emotions) at work… in order to free their hold.
- Am I willing to give up what I have in order to be what I am not yet? Am I able to follow the spirit of love into the desert? It is a frightening and sacred moment. There is no return. One’s life is charged forever. It is the fire that gives us our shape.
- It is for each of us freely to choose whom we shall serve, and find in that obedience our freedom.
- Inhabit ourselves that we may indeed do what we want to do.
- To have character is to be big enough to take life on.