Ideas won’t keep, something must be done about them.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Periods of tranquillity are seldom prolific of creative achievement. Mankind has to be stirred up.
- The vitality of thought is in adventure. Ideas won’t keep. Something must be done about them. When the idea is new, its custodians have fervor, live for it, and if need be, die for it.
- But you can catch yourself entertaining habitually certain ideas and setting others aside; and that, I think, is where our personal destinies are largely decided.
- Seek simplicity but distrust it.
- What is morality in any given time or place? It is what the majority then and there happen to like, and immorality is what they dislike.
- Civilization advances by extending the number of important operations which we can perform without thinking.