I would there were no age between ten and three-and-twenty, or that youth would sleep out the rest; for there is nothing in the between but getting wenches with child, wronging the anciently, stealing, fighting.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Don’t trust the person who has broken faith once.
- Your lordship, though not clean past your youth, have yet some smack of age in you, some relish of the saltiness of time.
- Youth is full of sport, age’s breath is short; youth is nimble, age is lame; Youth is hot and bold, age is weak and cold; Youth is wild, and age is tame.
- A man loves the meat in his youth that he cannot endure in his age.
- Though I look old, yet I am strong and lusty; for in my youth I never did apply hot and rebellious liquors in my blood; and did not, with unbashful forehead, woo the means of weakness and debility: therefore my age is as a lusty winter, frosty but kindly.
- Do you set down your name in the scroll of youth, that are written down old with all the characters of age?