Never build your emotional life on the weaknesses of others.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Most people hew the battlements of life from compromise, erecting their impregnable keeps from judicious submissions, fabricating their philosophical drawbacks from emotional retractions and scalding marauders in the boiling oil of sour grapes.
- In life, as in chess, forethought wins.
- No one can make us angry. People can say and do things to us but it is still up to us as individuals to do what we want with our emotions in response to those things.
- I have asked a lot of my emotions –one hundred and twenty stories. The price was high, right up with Kipling, because there was one little drop of something, not blood, not a tear, not my seed, but me more intimately than these, in every story, it was the extra I had. Now it has gone and I am just like you now.
- Logic will not change an emotion, but action will.
- It takes courage to attempt the impossible. What would we think of Moses today if when it was time to part the red sea, he had said Why don’t you guys go build a bridge?