You’ll never find a better sparring partner than adversity.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- If we study the lives of great men and women carefully and unemotionally we find that, invariably, greatness was developed, tested and revealed through the darker periods of their lives. One of the largest tributaries of the RIVER OF GREATNESS is always the STREAM OF ADVERSITY.
- Adversity is a fact of life. It can’t be controlled. What we can control is how we react to it.
- Sweet are the uses of adversity which, like the toad, ugly and venomous, wears yet a precious jewel in his head.
- The bravest sight in the world is to see a great man struggling against adversity.
- It’s a matter of ABC: When we encounter ADVERSITY, we react by thinking about it. Our thoughts rapidly congeal into BELIEFS. These beliefs may become so habitual we don’t even realize we have them unless we stop to focus on them. And they don’t just sit there idly; they have CONSEQUENCES. The beliefs are the direct cause of what we feel and what we do next. They can spell the difference between dejection and giving up, on the one hand, and well-being and constructive action on the other. The first step is to see the connection between adversity, belief, and consequence. The second step is to see how the ABCs operate every day in your own life.
- Adversity is, to me at least, a tonic and a bracer.