I’ve learned any fool can write a bad ad, but it takes a real genius to keep his hands off a good one.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- If you are writing about baloney, don’t try and make it Cornish hen, because that’s the worst kind of baloney there is. Just make it darn good baloney.
- Make it simple. Make it memorable. Make it inviting to look at. Make it fun to read.
- When you reach for the stars, you may not quite get one, but you won’t come up with a handful of mud either.
- To swear off making mistakes is very easy. All you have to do is to swear off having ideas.
- What helps people, helps business.
- I have discovered the most exciting, the most arduous literary form of all, the most difficult to master, the most pregnant in curious possibilities. I mean the advertisement. It is far easier to write ten passably effective Sonnets, good enough to take in the not too inquiring critic, than one effective advertisement that will take in a few thousand of the uncritical buying public.