How about this for a headline for tomorrow’s paper? French fries.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- The headline is the most important element of an ad. It must offer a promise to the reader of a believable benefit. And it must be phrased in a way to make it memorable.
- ‘Be comfortable with who you are’, reads the headline on the Hush Puppies poster. Are they mad? If people were comfortable with who they were, they’d never buy any products except the ones they needed, and then where would the advertising industry be?
- One ad is worth more to a paper than forty editorials.
- Advertising is the genie which is transforming America into a place of comfort, luxury and ease for millions.
- Advertising is a racket, like the movies and the brokerage business. You cannot be honest without admitting that its constructive contribution to humanity is exactly minus zero.
- Remove advertising, disable a person or firm from proclaiming its wares and their merits, and the whole of society and of the economy is transformed. The enemies of advertising are the enemies of freedom.