In those days he was wiser than he is now — he used frequently to take my advice.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- If the Almighty were to rebuild the world and asked me for advice, I would have English Channels round every country. And the atmosphere would be such that anything which attempted to fly would be set on fire.
- These are not dark days: these are great days — the greatest days our country has ever lived.
- Writing is an adventure. To begin with, it is a toy and an amusement. Then it becomes a mistress, then it becomes a master, then it becomes a tyrant. The last phase is that just as you are about to be reconciled to your servitude, you kill the monster and fling him to the public.
- When I look back on all the worries I remember the story of the old man who said on his deathbed that he had a lot of trouble in his life, most of which never happened.
- Let our advance worrying become advance thinking and planning.
- Eating words has never given me indigestion.