They that will not be counseled, cannot be helped. If you do not hear reason she will rap you on the knuckles.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Wise men don’t need advice. Fools won’t take it.
- Some punishment seems preparing for a people who are ungratefully abusing the best constitution and the best King any nation was ever blessed with, intent on nothing but luxury, licentiousness, power, places, pensions, and plunder; while the ministry, divided in their counsels, with little regard for each other, worried by perpetual oppositions, in continual apprehension of changes, intent on securing popularity in case they should lose favor, have for some years past had little time or inclination to attend to our small affairs, whose remoteness makes them appear even smaller.
- He that won’t be counseled can’t be helped.
- Those that won’t be counseled can’t be helped.
- The great secret of succeeding in conversation is to admire little, to hear much; always to distrust our own reason, and sometimes that of our friends; never to pretend to wit, but to make that of others appear as much as possibly we can; to hearken to what is said and to answer to the purpose.
- Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing.