We all admire the wisdom of people who come to us for advice.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- A chip on the shoulder indicates that there is wood higher up.
- Some of us are like wheelbarrows, only useful when pushed and easily upset.
- I sometimes give myself admirable advice, but I am incapable of taking it.
- We give advice, but we cannot give the wisdom to profit by it.
- To profit from good advice requires more wisdom than to give it.
- The true secret of giving advice is, after you have honestly given it, to be perfectly indifferent whether it is taken or not, and never persist in trying to set people right.