We give advice, but we cannot give the wisdom to profit by it.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- The one thing people are the most liberal with, is their advice.
- Men give away nothing so liberally as their advice.
- We may give advice, but not the sense to use it.
- Old people love to give good advice to console themselves for no longer being able to set a bad example.
- Old men are fond of giving good advice to console themselves for their inability to give bad examples.
- What men have called friendship is only a social arrangement, a mutual adjustment of interests, an interchange of services given and received; it is, in sum, simply a business from which those involved propose to derive a steady profit for their own self-love.