…a man should say to his soul every morning, \”God has given thee twenty-four treasures; take heed lest thou lose anyone of them, for thou wilt not be able to endure the regret that will follow such loss.\”
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Are you ready to cut off your head and place your foot on it? If so, come; Love awaits you! Love is not grown in a garden, nor sold in the marketplace; whether you are a king or a servant, the price is your head, and nothing less. Yes, the cost of the elixir of love is your head! Do you hesitate? 0 miser, It is cheap at that price!
- If one man says to thee, Thou art a donkey, pay no heed. If two speak thus, purchase a saddle.
- To listen to some devout people, one would imagine that God never laughs.
- It takes a great man to give sound advice tactfully, but a greater to accept it graciously.
- No man is so foolish but he may sometimes give another good counsel, and no man so wise that he may not easily err if he takes no other counsel than his own. He that is taught only by himself has a fool for a master.
- Generally speaking, when a woman offers unsolicited advice or tries to help a man, she has no idea of how critical and unloving he may sound to him.