Don’t be afraid of showing affection. Be warm and tender, thoughtful and affectionate. Men are more helped by sympathy than by service. Love is more than money, and a kind word will give more pleasure than a present.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Rest is not idleness, and to lie sometimes on the grass on a summer day listening to the murmur of water, or watching the clouds float across the sky, is hardly a waste of time.
- Happiness is a thing to be practiced, like the violin.
- A wise system of education will at last teach us how little man yet knows, how much he has still to learn.
- We often hear of people breaking down from overwork, but in nine out of ten they are really suffering from worry or anxiety.
- In truth, people can generally make time for what they choose to do; it is not really the time but the will that is lacking.
- Earth and sky, woods and fields, lakes and rivers, the mountain and the sea, are excellent schoolmasters, and teach some of us more than we can ever learn from books.