The only time you really live fully is from thirty to sixty. The young are slaves to dreams; the old servants of regrets. Only the middle-aged have all their five senses in the keeping of their wits.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Only the middle-aged have all their five senses in the keeping of their wits.
- Each new generation is a fresh invasion of savages.
- At twenty a man is a peacock, at thirty a lion, at forty a camel, at fifty a serpent, at sixty a dog, at seventy an ape, at eighty a nothing at all.
- At twenty years of age the will reigns; at thirty, the wit; and at forty, the judgment.
- At last now you can be what the old cannot recall and the young long for in dreams, yet still include them all.
- Time and trouble will tame an advanced young woman, but an advanced old woman is uncontrollable by any earthly force.