To know how to grow old is the master work of wisdom, and one of the most difficult chapters in the great art of living.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- To know how to suggest is the great art of teaching. To attain it we must be able to guess what will interest; we must learn to read the childish soul as we might a piece of music. Then, by simply changing the key, we keep up the attraction and vary the song.
- To do easily what is difficult for others is the mark of talent. To do what is impossible for talent is the mark of genius.
- Doing easily what others find difficult is talent; doing what is impossible for talent is genius.
- What we call little things are merely the causes of great things; they are the beginning, the embryo, and it is the point of departure which, generally speaking, decides the whole future of an existence. One single black speck may be the beginning of a gangrene, of a storm, of a revolution.
- Sacrifice, which is the passion of great souls, has never been the law of societies.
- Order is a great person’s need and their true well being.