Old age is the verdict of life.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- With renunciation life begins.
- Whatever the scientists may say, if we take the supernatural out of life, we leave only the unnatural.
- This world is run with far too tight a rein for luck to interfere. Fortune sells her wares; she never gives them. In some form or other, we pay for her favors; or we go empty away.
- Spiritual favors are not always to be looked for, and not always to be relied on.
- The fate of love is that it always seems too little or too much.
- I have lived long enough. My way of life is to fall into the sere, the yellow leaf, and that which should accompany old age, as honor, love, obedience, troops of friends I must not look to have.