The tendency of old age to the body, say the physiologists, is to form bone. It is as rare as it is pleasant to meet with an old man whose opinions are not ossified.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Old age, believe me, is a good and pleasant thing. It is true you are gently shouldered off the stage, but then you are given such a comfortable front stall as spectator.
- Middle age is when you’ve met so many people that every new person you meet reminds you of someone else.
- Perfection of means and confusion of goals seem — in my opinion — to characterize our age.
- Old age is far more than white hair, wrinkles, the feeling that it is too late and the game finished, that the stage belongs to the rising generations. The true evil is not the weakening of the body, but the indifference of the soul.
- You can free yourself from aging by reinterpreting your body and by grasping the link between belief and biology.
- To resist the frigidity of old age, one must combine the body, the mind, and the heart. And to keep these in parallel vigor one must exercise, study, and love.