She was a handsome woman of forty-five and would remain so for many years.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- A man can go from being a lover to being a stranger in three moves flat but a woman under the guise of friendship will engage in acts of duplicity which come to light very much later. There are different species of self-justification.
- A complete woman is probably not a very admirable creature. She is manipulative, uses other people to get her own way, and works within whatever system she is in.
- It will be a pity if women in the more conventional mould are to be phased out, for there will never be anyone to go home to.
- Romanticism is not just a mode; it literally eats into every life. Women will never get rid of just waiting for the right man.
- Existentialism is about being a saint without God; being your own hero, without all the sanction and support of religion or society.
- Real love is a pilgrimage. It happens when there is no strategy, but it is very rare because most people are strategists.